Lunes, Pebrero 9, 2015

Ohana

Genre: Memoir
Tittle: Ohana

         Perfect family is what I wished for when I was a kid. Why? It was every child’s dream.
        A loving father who will protect me from bullying, who will give the things that I wanted the most, who will buy me a chocolate ice-cream with sprinkles, which will do everything to find a job for us. A caring mother who will always look after me, who I can rely my problems, who I can share my fears, who will make me stop from crying, who will read a bedtime stories, and who will give me a one peso if I fancy to buy a candy. Perfect families for a little princess like me.
        When I turned seven, I saw my classmates with their parents hand in hand. They were beaming with each other. They are laughing and giggling. I also saw her mother tickles her while waiting for their dad. In that moment, I wanted to grab my classmate’s hair but I did not. I wanted to steal her happiness. I wanted to feel that kind of feeling.
        One day, my teacher told us that we were having a PTA meeting and parents are required to attend the said event. At the day of the meeting, I was the only who doesn’t have. I felt betrayed. I felt so foolish. I started asking many questions. Is that too much to ask a perfect family? Is it too much?
        I searched myself. I really searched myself. Well that’s what I thought. But instead of searching myself, I searched God. He showed me everything. He experienced me how to be loved. He showed the things that I never appreciated. He showed me light. He gives me new hope to continue my journey in life. He gives me a reason to live. And He gives me a new family.
       They said there is always a rainbow after the rain. I thought I had a worse childhood. But it turns out a blessing. Why? Because I met Him and I learned. Those obstacles that I encountered make me stronger and a better person.
        And now, I am living with 45 children in a house with 9 nanay(mother) and 4 tatay(father). He gives me more than a little princess would dream of.  Then I thought this family is not perfect. Sometimes we argued in little things. We laughed even nothing is funny. We bullied each other. And we make mistakes. That’s what it makes happy. We are not perfect. We are crazy. And it hits me hard. For all the years all I wanted is a perfect one but He gives me the crazy one. He gives me what he thinks is better for me. Then I asked myself, what if I am a part of a perfect family? Would it be a happy one? Or boring because it is so perfect?

          I may not have a complete family but I know this is the true meaning of it. I am not going to ask for more because I know this is the best that’s why He gave them to me. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento