Lunes, Pebrero 16, 2015

Words That Stick

 Genre: Books/Movies
Title: Words That Stick


      If you hate to write, this book is for you.
      Right up front, I’m going to admit three things:
1.       I was a semi-lousy student, but learning how to write saved my academic life.
2.       A lot of people say writing is hard. No. Writing is EASY. Singing a solo when you’ve forgotten the words is hard.
3.       Writing should be simple, like choosing a meal at a fast food restaurant.
The thing is I’m not a good writer or I hate to write. I just don’t like it. I think it’s not for me. But this book helps me to be a better writer. It shows me many things.
       Anyway, first you must attract a crowd or your readers. After that, you must keep them entertained long enough to implant ideas in their brain. In order to do that you must know first your readers or your listeners. It says he’ll need to know; the age, gender, Economic status, cultural background, political beliefs, degree of familiarity, expertise and audience aims. In writing an article we must remember that everyone can and will read it. We need to consider their feelings. We need to look in the inside of them. We need to look ourselves to them as a reader. What will be their reaction? What will be their first comment before and after they read your article?
        Why do we need to know all of these? It is because if we don’t know our readers or our audience, they might get hurt or they won’t read your article anymore. In the end, it will be a big disaster. So take note for that.
       Your first sentence or your first paragraph should have a catchy thing that will make your reader sit down on the tool and buy your book or your article. They don’t just look at it or glance at it. The power of the first sentence or two is simply this: It makes every reader ask “What happens next?” or say “Really? Tell me more about it.” It briefly explains what the rest of the article is all about. It all says that if your first paragraph does not convincingly lead to the next paragraph, it should be rewritten.
       I've always thought ending a story was like leaving a party. If I just grab a water or juice and walk out the door, people might wonder what happened. Was I upset? Was there an emergency?
       Therefore, I must first prepare to leave by excusing myself to them, thanking the celebrant and telling my friends goodbye. My exit, then, is part of a natural progression.
       Likewise, ending an article or a report or a theme should sound natural to the reader.  So, that, you can give satisfaction to them in the end. It is your main goal, to give satisfaction. So, that their money is worth it. Not only that, make sure they can relate to your topic. They can agree to you or maybe, disagree. It’s everybody’s commentary. And make sure your words are still in their mind and they still thinking about it.

2 komento:

  1. Your blog is your blog? It shows that you want to say its made by your own ? Am I right? Anyways, your blog was a lot of things that we can use in our daily life and I appreciate it. Keep it up. Congrats :)

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Thank you Josh for appreciating my blog. I will do my very best to improve my writing and to inspire more.

    TumugonBurahin